What We Do:
How You Can Help:
Spread The Word - The more people who are aware of this project, the more we can help families in need. Word of mouth, email, Facebook, places of worship, etc.
Donate - Without the your donations this project is not possible. Every dollar counts!
Volunteer - You are what makes this project a success! Volunteer here.
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy:
Backyard Bash 2015 Fundraiser
See our story on NewsChannel 3
Click Here to view the story
Backyard Haven added 2 new photos.
The Backyard Bash is coming up fast! If you would like an invitation mailed, please send us a msg with your information. To buy tickets, they are available on our website at http://www.BackyardHaven.org We hope to see you there!
Our GoFundMe page is active! : )
We are still accepting applications for the 2015 Backyard Haven pool to honor a Veteran and/or a child this year. What we are looking for is:
- a current or retired military Veteran from any service branch
- if they have a child in need too
- 8ft access to the backyard
- Home Value 300k and under
- Not moving from home in at least 10yrs
- Ability to afford the increase in utilities and chems ($200 a mo. est.)
- Home is in Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Suffolk, or Moyock NC
- A completed application on our website at http://www.BackyardHaven.org
We encourage anyone that fits this criteria to apply. We would love to hear from you!
- Jessica Coyner ,President
We have still yet to recieve an application that someone qualifies for the Backyard Haven pool. If we do not have a candidate, we will help in smaller ways like a hot tub, above ground pool, or a renovation. We are still taking applications ♡
Backyard Haven The city of Portsmouth makes it almost impossible to build swimming pools there which is unfortunately why we don't. We can do a hot tub though for therapy.
July 20, 2015 at 2:45 pm